Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mountain, Landscape, Oil Painting, "The Blue Ridge" 18x24" SOLD

The past few years, I have been painting my little daily paintings, but lately, I have felt the need to go larger, and deeper.



This is a view of Water Rock Knob, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina, one of my favorite places in this world.



I painted the background and much of the foreground with a palette knife.



I tried to stay loose with my brushwork too.

Life is good in the mountains!

4 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

I love this piece. You did the mountains justice. The application of paint in the background has a pastel feel and is gorgeous. Love the bits of re in the foreground. Love the balance of cools and warms too!

Patrice said...

Beautiful work!

hmuxo said...

The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of my favorite places as well, Carol. And you painted it beautifully! Love those "Blues"...

Diana Marshall said...

This is a cracker, great to see a large painting of yours, wonderful colours and depth. Like the splashes of orange in the right hand corner, beautiful sky and mountains.