Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Daily Painting, Floral, "Blooming Dogwood" 6x8 SOLD

One of the things I love about the South is in the spring, when the dogwood blooms.  In North Carolina, the trees are impossible to ignore as the mountains are covered with them.

SOLD


My reference photo is of a tree in our North Carolina backyard.  The blooms seem even more alive against the blue sky and surrounded with gray leafless trees.


I wish I could bring this tree home to Florida for my friend LaVerne.  She is originally from Knoxville and misses her beloved dogwood.

4 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

This is so pretty Carol, love the blues, very peaceful.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Hi Carol
I have been so busy lately, I barely get time to get into the studio, let alone blog visit. I've missed some great work of yours. "The Blue Ridge" is stunning! Love the knife work and touches of red. You should get the urge to paint larger more often. Beautiful Dogwood, nice accents with the pale green. My sister lives in Atlanta and sends me pics. Would love to see them.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Carol.! I have a pink dogwood which is so pretty as well. Don't you wish the flowers stay in bloom all summer?

Anonymous said...

The Dogwoods are so beautiful and so delicate. This painting is so lovely, I love the blue background.