Sunday, October 27, 2013

Original Mixed Media, "Rusted Lace" 10x10"

This piece was a problem!  The problem was not in creating it, but in photographing it.  I have done a small  series of mixed media pieces that feature rusted elements along with an iridescent acrylic paint.  Loved the results and was getting really excited.  Then I tried to photograph it..............and tried....and tried!

Purchase Here
140 + shipping

I tried for three months!


I finally took it to a professional photographer.....he failed too!  Ha!  He explained to me that the problem is the background paint.  All those little iridescent points pick up the light and cause it to look uneven and messy.  :(

I still like the series....and have a few more to show you, but I may have to throw out my bottle of iridescent paint.  You will just have to take my word for it...it's better in real life!



No comments: