Thursday, October 23, 2014

Daily Painting, Small Flower Painting, Small Oil Painting, " Picket Fence" by Carol Schiff, 6x12x.75" SOLD,Oil

Every once in a while I find a small piece of "the way things used to be"........you know what I mean?  In the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, we often pass a charming white house, surrounded by a white picket fence.  It is obviously the house of a gardner.  When I saw it this summer, with a beautiful display of flowers bordering the fence, I asked my husband to stop so that I could hop out of the car and take a photo.
SOLD
  Somebody remind me not to paint  with such dark backgrounds!  Although, I love the way the painting shows in life, it is impossible to photograph it without glare.

Regardless, I was happy with the painting and thrilled to find this beautiful setting and reminder of the slower, more peaceful life in small town America that I remember from my youth.



Thank you for viewing my blog today.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments: