Wednesday, August 10, 2016

California Landscape, Small Oil Painting, Coastal Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting

California has it all...mountains, oceans, wild beauty. This view of PCH speaks to the breathless views of this great state. 

I couldn't get to California, so I used a photo from photographer, Ted Fuhrur, with his permission, for reference.
purchase here
While painting this piece, I couldn't stop remembering the time my husband and I, drove PCH from San Francisco to Carmel.  What an experience!!

If you have never done it, I highly recommend the trip.  You will be hard pressed to duplicate the beautiful scenic landscape elsewhere.

Thank you for reading my blog today!

Carol Schiff
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

Very beautiful Carol! I painted a very similar painting (one of my first posts)......but it was Roosevelt Lake in Arizona.....a beautiful place to visit! Love the colors in this painting!!!!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful composition. I love the way you painted this, Carol.

Diana Marshall said...

Love the colors as always Carol, I can feel the sunshine and warmth in this painting, wish I was there, here is cold and windy!