Thursday, May 19, 2022

My paintings on the runway??

Several  months ago, I was contacted by an Israeli fashion designer, Assaf Pelleg.  He was designing his 2017 Spring/Summer Line, and wanted to use one of my paintings in his work.  I agreed to work with him, and we found two of my artworks that were of interest to him.

For several months, I heard nothing!  Then, suddenly, an email with the completed designs.





I am thrilled with the results!  

This is the fun part of what I do.  I sometimes struggle for days, over a specific artwork.  Just this week, I have worked on a piece for 3 days, and scrapped it this morning!  Then there are the boring hours after hours of internet work.  Taking photos, editing them, posting them.  Sometimes it seems the reward, is not enough to justify the effort. 

 But then, one day, a painting effortlessly falls off my brush, or a student sends me his power point presentation about how he was influenced by my art, or someone on the other side of the world, likes my work enough to place it in his collection.

That is the payoff!

Thanks for reading my blog today!

Carol Schiff

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wow, Carol........that is such an honor for you. And, lucrative too I'm sure. Perhaps this will become a regular part of your career. I am so happy for you. I wish you much success and I hope you get lots of publicity and it blossoms for you.

LindaHunt said...

They look terrific......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What a marvelous eye the designer has - these paintings are beautifully placed on the dresses.
I agree with everything you said regarding the
struggle versus the flow.
Congratulations.

hmuxo said...

I'm SO excited for you Carol. I love how it looks on the dress! Huge Congratulations!!! Now you're an Artist/designer.... How wonderful is that???