Thursday, July 2, 2009

DSDF ROWER, OIL 8x10

I am sure you all recognize this as the challenge painting from Karin Jurick's blog, Different Strokes from Different Folks. Week after week Karin posts photos that appear to be "easy".
Ha! I should know better than to be lulled into the fire, but no, I convince myself that this one is easy and will not take long. Ha again! They take me twice as long as any other painting and I always hate the way they turn out and WHY IS HER HEAD SO SMALL?? Oh well, always another photo on the horizon.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Silly goose! I love the colors you've chosen. It really sets a serene mood. I'm glad you can laugh at yourself but please don't be so hard on yourself. hugs!

Kerri Settle said...

Carol, you're really wonderful with using so many subtle undertones to bring your paintings to life, like you did with the pale pinks among blues in the water.

Dana Cooper said...

I love the atmospheric quality to your piece...it's really very nice!

Ann Rogers said...

Who knows why the simplest photo is always the hardest to paint...but you did a great job with this one...in spite of your comments. Great entry!

laine lea said...

hi carol, love this one! Ive not done it yet but do plan to and also do agree it looks simple ~the one gets into it! Karin's challenges seem to help me grow though! Happy painting....

Angela Elledge said...

I love the soft, hazy colors and the hard angles in the figure and the boat. In addition, you can feel the weight of the rower's arms on the oars; very well done!

dominique eichi said...

nice entry for DSFDF. Love that haze feel.