Thursday, September 24, 2009

SWIMMING HOLE, 8X10, OIL, SOLD

Just down the road from our vacation home in North Carolina is this really nice campground. The guests there always have so much fun with campfires, puppet shows, swimming, singing, etc. It always reminds me of a scene from the 50"s when life was not so complex.

My paint group, Pieces of Eight, had a week long retreat at my home this summer, and one day we were painting a 200 year old cabin down the road. A very lovely lady from South Carolina stopped to say hello and one thing led to another. She loved the cabin and arrangements were made for her and her sisters to come to my home the next day for an impromptu "wet canvas" exhibition. Several paintings found new homes that morning, and this was one of them. It seems the family spent many years visiting the area and staying in the campgrounds before building homes there. They had many warm memories of their time camping.

If you want a special treat, check out artist Linny D Vine. Her artwork is delightful, and I am pretty sure she is too. Viewing her work is like a walk through the magical forest, a trip to Disneyland, and cotton candy, all rolled into one. You won't be sorry!

5 comments:

Art with Liz said...

This does have that 50's feel that we associate with America! It's really beautiful Carol.

Unknown said...

Love this... has a trailor theme park feel . ;o) Thanks for sharing Linny's blog. Delightful paintings!

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Wonderful soft reflections. Everything is so "greeny" I can almost smell the moisture in the air. I want to be there, playing cards until the wee hours, having coffee beside the lake in the early morning. I can see why this painting found a home!

Anita Stoll said...

What a sweet painting and one which I know the family will enjoy for years to come.
You were right about my followers. A day or so later they did magically appear back on my blog, also I checked out Linny D Vine's blog. I love her work.I signed on as a follower. Thank you for suggesting it.

Linny D. Vine said...

Thank-you Carol, I'm honored! (And, I love, love, love your description of my work!) Your painting,"The Swimming Hole", has a wonderful nostalgia feel to it and I like the way that the innertubes are round but not in a "too perfect round way". I'm so glad that the painting went to it's rightful owner! It's perfect that you included the swim at your own risk sign...so, did you?