Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daily Painting, Landscape, "Mountain Majesty" 6x8" SOLD

I enjoy doing these little wildflower paintings.  This one is from a photo taken in 1968 when I lived in Denver.

Purchase here
95
Of course, back then, I didn't paint.  I was busy being an Air Force wife, with two babies in tow.



The mountains have not changed much over the years, but everything else has.  The babies have their own babies now, my husband is long retired from the Air Force, and I spend my days painting.


What was once a way of life for me, now seems like a distant dream.  Maybe that is why God gave us mountains and oceans, so that we would have some consistency in our lives.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

SO beautiful, Carol!

Vanessa said...

Aww I really like this post. It's amazing how fat time flies by leaving us only with memories. You'll have many of those in your paintings I'm sure. And I think you're quite right about the gift of nature, maybe that's why they are so beautiful, sonething consistent and soothing that's always been there through it all.

toko baju muslim murah said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!