Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mixed Media Painting, Abstract Art, "Gold Rush" by Carol Schiff, 10x10x.75" SOLD

I was feeling the need to get abstract again and wanted to experiment with some gold leaf I had in my bag of tricks.

Purchase here
SOLD

I have to say I had lots of fun with this piece.  I wanted to keep the colors fairly neutral....black, white, gray, rust.  I had a piece of watercolor paper that had already been treated with a rusting technique, so the plan was to let some of that background show through.  I also wanted to incorporate that gold leaf.  I worked with a palette knife to get plenty of texture.  All in all, I had a great time!  Kind of like making mud patties when you were six....that same feeling. :)





Help me out....Pin It!


www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

3 comments:

AK said...

This is great work Carol. Hope to see more like this one.

Diana Marshall said...

Love the movement in this one and the colour palette, abstracts are such fun, so freeing.

hmuxo said...

Your work with abstracts are excellent, Carol..I love the colors in this piece!!