Sunday, August 2, 2015

Small Rose Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "A Rose by Any other Name", 6x8" Oil SOLD

This is my third in a series of rose studies, worked with a palette knife.  I enjoy working with a knife to get the texture and feel I am trying to convey to the viewer.
SOLD
 The texture of the knife makes me want to reach out and touch the painting, a big no no in galleries and museums, but a feeling I would like to convey to the viewer.




I am trying to bring a larger variety of marks to my palette knife paintings to give them more interest and variety.  I am finding it is hard to break old habits.  To me, the joy of painting, and the frustration of painting, come from a constant effort to improve.

Have a wonderful day!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blgspot.com

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This is a sweet small work!

hmuxo said...

Using the palette knife when painting flowers is so perfect...beautiful work, Carol!!