Sunday, June 26, 2016

Floral Still Life Oil Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Flower Painting

I had an empty wall in my house.....unheard of for an artist!!  After much deliberation, I decided I wanted to hang a couple of florals I painted a few months ago.

Dreaming of Dogwood

  I wanted to inspire myself to try more of this style, very loose, and painted with lots of transparent colors and lots of medium.


Daffodil Days

So far, I have had a problem trying to dupicate the look!!!

A further complication.....the original paintings are 6x8" and I needed  larger pieces for my wall.






That was a problem I could solve.  I ordered giclee prints on canvas, increasing the size of the prints.  I have to say they came out wonderful.  I even manipulated the color slightly on the dogwood to work better in my room.  Thankfully, I was able to take high resolution images of both paintings, allowing them to be printed in the size I desired without losing detail in the  image.


Now, I just have to keep practicing until I am able to duplicate my technique.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Carol Schiff

4 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

From my point of view, I think it is well worth trying to duplicate that style. I think it is wonderful. Love both these and I do think they look as if the same artist painted them and that is what you strive for, right?

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Thank you Julie. Yes, I do want my work to look like it came from the same artist, something I strive for, but do not always achieve.

hmuxo said...

These are beautiful Carol. Very painterly....i love the looseness of the piece.

Diana Marshall said...

An empty wall?! wow that's a fine thing well done on all your sales they must be selling like hot cakes ;)