Monday, July 12, 2021

Island Marketplace, Large Figurative Painting, 52x26x1.5" Original Painting

I consider myself to be a daily painter.  As a daily painter, most of my work is small, many times just 6x8".

 My painting today is a different story at 52" x 26".  Not my largest painting ever...but right up there.



Purchase Here

I enjoy painting large, but it does present other issues.  Framing or no frame?  Such a large piece means a large investment in framing....a frame your client may or may not approve.

Where do I store it?  Not everyone has the luxury of a spacious studio.  I am one of those people.  Since downsizing, I have even less space to store unsold artwork.

The logistics of painting such a large piece, is not to be ignored.  My aging knees protest at the thought of climbing up and down a step stool to paint.

So, this piece may continue to be one of my rare, larger efforts.

Thanks for reading my blog today.

No comments: