Thursday, August 28, 2014

Barn Painting | Daily Painting | Small Oil Painting | Georgia O'Keeffe | Georgia's Barn by Carol Schiff | 6x8" Oil SOLD

There is something special about this barn painting.  This small oil painting is my attempt to duplicate one of Georgia O'Keeffe's barn series.  I was unaware the she had a barn series, until my painting group, Pieces of Eight, spent a day studying her art and trying to duplicate it.

SOLD

To be honest, I chose this work because it was such a simple, flat little piece.  The thought of giving her flowers or skulls a try did not appeal to me.

The more I worked on this little piece, the more I began to enjoy it and see it's charm.  I ended the day very happy with my choice.

Thanks for viewing my blog today.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

Great barn Carol :)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Good choice. I thought I knew all of her work but not this one. Great design and I like your painterly strokes making it your own interpretation. She blended smooth transitions most of the time didn't she? Maybe not on this one though. Glad you enjoyed doing it.

hmuxo said...

Copying the "Masters" is definitely a learning experience, Carol. I've copied Rembrandts work many times and learned something different each time. You painted this barn perfectly...one of my favorite subjects !