Sunday, August 31, 2014

Thistle Painting | Daily Painting | Small Oil Painting | Thistle and Meadow by Carol Schiff | 6x12x.75" Oil SOLD

It seems to me the beauty of the fields and meadows of the North Carolina mountain country is even more stunning than usual this summer.  During my trips there, I walk the country roads each morning.  Every day seems more spectacular than the day before.  Since returning home, I have tried to capture the scenes on canvas.

SOLD
 The purple thistles sparkled against the golden fields.  One morning, I picked a beautiful bouquet of wildflowers, some would call them weeds.  The entire state seemed to be covered in daylilies, blooming wild on the sides of mountains and in roadside ditches.


detail


This is my bouquet of wildflowers, sitting on my windowsill.


Hope you find some beauty in your life today too!

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful thistle painting Carol.

hmuxo said...

BEAUTIFUL painting, Carol!!!!