Sunday, May 22, 2016

Floral Landscape Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Coneflower Painting, 12x16" Original Oil SOLD

I seem to be stuck....painting coneflowers!  It could be worse.

Purchase here
325 + shipping
also available as giclee print
I have been fascinated by coneflowers (echincea) every since I first saw them in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  First, I tried to grow them.  Not such good luck.  My thumb is only green when I paint.

detail
It's not that they are difficult to grow, but they must be deadheaded.  Since I am only in North Carolina for a few weeks at a time, I usually would fine brown flowers.  Before they could bloom again, I would be gone.


I added a few dandelions and a fiddlehead.  Hope you enjoy this piece.

Thank you for viewing my art today.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful work Carol. Love your flowers!!

Diana Marshall said...

Funny how we paint our favourite subjects over and over I'm the same, and why shouldn't we paint what we love!