Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Small Seascape Sunset Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 6x8" impasto painting SOLD

I don't know how you start your days, but, whenever possible, I love to grab my camera and a cup of coffee and head to the beach to watch the sun come up.  With a morning like that, it is impossible to have a bad day!

Purchase here
120 + shipping
 I like texture in my art and one of my favorite tricks, is to take a failed painting, leave the texture and use the panel again.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.



Many artists use their canvases more than once, but convential  wisdom is you must sand it down.  I
sometimes do that too, but if I want to do a little expressionism, I say, why destroy all that lovely texture?

Thanks for reading my blog today.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

2 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is a great idea to take something that didn't work the first time and turn it into something beautiful.

Fondly,
Glenda

hmuxo said...

Beautiful work Carol. I love when you put that wonderful texture down..great colors as well!