Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wildlife Painting, Snowy Egret Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 6x8" Original Painting SOLD

We are very lucky to live close to one of the best "birding" areas in the US.  Viera Wetlands, here in Brevard County is well knowing in "birding circles" and each year, thousands of birders descend on us.

SOLD

I find it impossible to get accurate colors on a painting that has a variety of blues.  The image above is a scan of the actual painting, with very accurate color.


After taking 5-6 photos, in different lighting, this is the best I could do with a camera.  As you can see, the colors are harsh and inaccurate.  This image has been photo shopped to the best of my abilities.

Why do I care about photos?  Why not just scan them?

Much of my work is licensed and the scan does not make a large enough file for me to send to my licensee. For that reason, I continue to try to find a way to take a decent photo!  If any of you have an answer for me, I would appreciate the help!


Thanks for reading my blog today.

Carol Schiff
(feeling blue)

www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une très jolie peinture... avec des nuances de bleus extraordinaire. Je comprends aisément ce que vous écrivez à propose des difficultés à photographier les peintures. Certaines couleurs ne sont pas simples à capturer. En ce qui me concerne, les rouges sont compliqués !
Merci pour ce joli billet.

Gros bisous 🌸

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

They are both have lovely color. I like the top one a little better.
Did you desaturate?
I find blue and red both difficult colors to match.
I have mine scanned professionally but never use them for my blog. I still have to color check and make changes. I use the phone camera for ease in editing But still have to color check. So either way the colors have to be adjusted and it doesn't always work.
Scanning gives the sharpness.
I will follow the comments and hope someone comes up with the perfect solution.