Thursday, July 5, 2012

Daily Painting, Oil, "The Beach at Sanibel", 6x8" SOLD

A recent trip to Sanibel brought me plenty of images to paint. Of course, the beach had to be the star.

SOLD
I had not visited the area for many, many years, and I must admit that I forgot how beautiful it is.  The water is aqua and clear, much like the tropical waters of the Caribbean Islands.



I passed this little group of sea oats every morning on the path to the sea.  My favorite activity was to walk the beach as the sun was rising, with only the occasional fisherman or shell hunter and lots of pelicans and gulls  for company.


7 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Beautiful. Those touches of cad red(?) really add to the scene. The picture makes me want to come down there and dip my toes in the water and feel the breeze. I think we have your weather here in southern ontario..minus the lovely ocean and breezes :-)

Barbara Pask said...

Love this scene. All the different colors in the grass really catch my eye too, very nice!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You caught the atmosphere beautifully. I really enjoyed your description of your early morning walks...I could 'feel'I was there.

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful Carol, so serene and sparse but expresses so much. The colors and texture are wonderful.

hmuxo said...

This is such a peaceful scene..very beautifully painted, Carol.!!

ashok said...

fantastic composition!

Marla said...

Lovely. I must get to the beach soon...