Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pears on a Plate, 16x20, Original Oil

Summer is almost over....and what a summer it has been!  I'm afraid I have over scheduled myself, with trips every two to three weeks, family obligations, etc.  I still have two trips to the Blue Ridge Mountains  scheduled, one of which includes the most dreaded words in the English language.....bathroom renovation!

SOLD


My stash of paintings, ready to post, is no longer a stash....just a few images left to choose from.  So now I am in the studio, trying to paint, paint, paint before it's time to leave again.

One of those images, is this, a commission I did  in January.  The client loved a similar small piece and ordered two 16x20 still life paintings.  She was a joy to work with and did not even want to see an image of the completed works prior to receiving them.  She said it would be "more like Christmas" if she was completely surprised when she pulled them out of the shipping container.

She sent me several images of her home in San Diego, wanting me to get a feel for the space the paintings would reside.  I must have done something really good to be rewarded with the opportunity  to work with such a charming woman.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Karla said...

This is really lovely! I love the colors and the lost edges.

Vanessa said...

Lovely piece! You have such a unique way of painting. I think I could pick out your work if I saw it in a gallery.

Heather said...

Impressive work - I love your whole blog. I'll be visiting it often in the future. :)

hmuxo said...

This is beautiful, Carol! She's going to love this!! Very unique!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I think she is the lucky one. You do fabulous work!