Sunday, September 23, 2012

Daily Painting "See Rock City",9x12" Barn Painting with Palette Knife, SOLD

If you are of a certain age and traveled the south before the days of interstate highways, you are probably familiar with this sight.


Purchase here
SOLD

At the time, the barns peppered the countryside, but these days they are few and far between.  If you are lucky enough to spot one, it is likely in disrepair and showing it's age.  This one is located in Bryson City, North Carolina in the Smoky Mountains.


Blogger has been misbehaving for me lately.  When I try to post more than one image, it insists on posting the second image at the top of the post.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I will try to out think them on my next post and see if I can get the second image in.

There is also a problem with subscription services.  At the moment, the feed is not working properly.  I have no idea whether or not subscribers are receiving the daily posts.  Hopefully, this will soon be solved too.

Have a great day!


6 comments:

ashok said...

well done Carol

hmuxo said...

VERY nice painting, Carol! I love barn paintings..and love the rustic color in this one...

martinealison said...

Bonjour Carol,
Je suis heureuse de vous retrouver après mes longues semaines d'absence...
Je reste admirative devant votre dernière peinture. Très joli travail. J'aime particulièrement vos nuances de couleurs. Une peinture qui donne une autre vie à cette grange abandonnée.
Gros bisous

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

What is it about seeing a barn that is so fun.

Fondly,
Glenda

Jane said...

Love this old barn...great colors !

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Great expression of space and mood in this lovely piece. It does bring back memories of rural new England.
My blogger would not even post for me tonight I have given up in frustration.