Friday, September 26, 2008

SUNRISE ON SPRING ISLAND, SOLD


One more view of our group, Pieces of Eight, on vacation. I had this wonderful (?) idea that we should get up at daybreak and go out on the deck in our pj's with coffee in hand to paint a grouping of trees as the sun came up. It sounded like a perfectly logical thing to do, to me. Of the eight of us, you can see how many agreed. When I staggered out there the next morning it was dark and wet as it had rained all night. The no-see-ums were out in force and trying hard to eat us alive, but then the sun started making it's journey up behind the trees and the sky changed rapidly, one formation after another. Glorious! This was pein air painting at it's best! This is my little 5x7 oil on panel that resulted. My the way, I'm the one in pink!

Check out our Pieces of Eight website on the right sidebar.





Sunrise on Spring Island




3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

The bugs would've driven me away. Bravo, all of you!

Anonymous said...

Carol: This is a beautiful piece of work. I love the sky.

Dianne said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks for your comments! I love your paintings, they are very contemplative. Love Di