Sunday, November 20, 2011

Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Storm Painting, PALETTE KNIFE LANDSCAPE, "STORMY WEATHER", OIL, SOLD

SOLD

Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather
Since my man and I ain't together
Keeps rainin' all the time.

Tom Snow/Leo Sayer


For those of you into rap.....this is a wonderful, soulful old song made famous by one of the top female singers in history, Billie Holiday.  If I knew how to add a sound clip, I would be playing it now.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

8 comments:

AK said...

Fabulous.

M R Anand said...

wow, the thick clouds have been accentuated by the bold knife work!

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful painting- love the knife work and the sky is gorgeous! wow:)

Pam Holnback said...

Great sky! Love the touch of warm in the earth. Love her. Remember seeing the movie about her years ago. I should stream it.

Susan Roden said...

Been raining up a storm here in San Diego and this is a perfect depiction Carol. Grand!

Nancy Franke said...

Carol, I am loving this palette knife approach...it's inspiring : )

Anonymous said...

Carol, this is wonderful. Those clouds look so yummy!
Yummy is the first word that sprang into my head. ;)

shirley fachilla said...

So much beautiful drama in your 6x8. Really like the texture you've incorporated via the palette knife.
Perfect title, wonderful song.