Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daily Farm Painting, "Valley View" 7x5" SOLD

Red barn, green grass, a little fishing pond.....what more could you ask for on a lazy summer day?

SOLD
This farm is down the road from us on Conley's Creek Road.  I must have painted it 30 or more times.  Each time, I think I have said everything I can, but then I find myself drawn to it again.  A different angle, or new time of day.....it pulls me in time after time.



Set in the valley, I pass it each time I leave my house.  It is the most picturesque spot I know.  Surrounded by mountains and with a curvy drive, the light effects are always spectacular.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I love farms - both of my parents grew up on farms and I visited often as a child. This is such an nice painting - beautiful!

Dana Johnson Plein air Artist said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog. I have been out of blogging for so long i have not had any comments. Your work is beautiful!!