Sunday, July 14, 2013

Daily Painting, Landscape Painting, "In the Bamboo" 8x6" Oil Painting

As a child living in rural Ohio, my grandmother would visit from Florida, bringing along an exotic collection of seashells and postcards. There was always one or two postcards from McKee Gardens in Vero Beach. She  awakened a deep desire in me.....to live in this strange and beautiful tropical land.


Purchase here
90 + 6.50 in USA

Recently I made my first trip to McGee Gardens, a magical place filled with  tropical flora and  giant water lily pads.

I was fascinated with the bamboo stands, so abstract in their shapes.



It's always nice when a childhood dream comes true............Thank you Grandma.



6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Such a nice post, Carol! You did a beautiful painting of the bamboo plants...wonderful colors and texture.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I agree with you. The bamboo by its design is a wonderful abstract and I love what you have done with it. Unique color harmony and great compositions.

suzanneberry said...

this is just wonderful. Julie said it perfectly...color harmony and great composition!!

Marie Theron said...

How well the paint works for you, Carol. And a lovely cool and restful image!

hmuxo said...

I love the bamboo, Carol. I love the color in this painting! I thought I commented before, so just delete the first one if I did!! Some problems with google!!

SUSAN NALLY said...

Love the colors and the texture.