Sunday, December 1, 2013

Daily Painting, Beach Painting, "Florida Surf" by Carol Schiff, 6x8" Oil SOLD

I love to walk on the beach and I also love to paint the scenes I find there.  So, when I walk, it is always with camera in hand.

SOLD

 I almost always start with a brush...but some paintings demand a knife.  This one demanded a knife.  I like the effect as the surf was choppy on this day and the knife helps to depict that.





Do your paintings evolve despite your best intentions?  It may not be the painting I envisioned  when I started but I always enjoy the process and MOST of the time, the results.


Just a little reminder, for those of you in Central Florida.  Our holiday art sale is coming up on Saturday, December 7th. Lots of gift ideas, including one of a kind birdhouses and chalk painted furniture.  Do your Christmas shopping with us.  For a map to the location.....click here.


www.CarolSchiffStudio

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A WOW!

hmuxo said...

LOVE THIS ONE!!! A definite winner, Carol....I love the colors and texture...!!

Atul Pande said...

This is the kind of surf scene I WISH I could do! Somehow I always get the values all wrong and have to start al over again...........