Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mountain Painting | Daily Painting | Small Oil Painting | On Top of Old Smoky by Carol Schiff | 8x8x1.5" Oil

Have you ever walked through clouds?  On this day, I could actually see them drifting past my feet.  They are very wet!


purchase here
135 + shipping
We were on one of the higher peaks of the Smokies.  My youngest grandson was delighted!

I tried to capture the feel of the rugged pines that grow at an altitude of 7,000+ feet, with my palette knife.  It allowed a textured feel the reminds me of the prickly and gnarled pines.




I painted on a gallery wrap canvas to allow hanging with or without a frame.

Thanks for viewing today!


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Excellent work, Carol! The smokies are such a favorite of mine.