Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Cowgirl Portrait, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Redheaded Cowgirl", 6x8" Oil


purchase here
95.00 + shipping
I few years ago, I went to a real cattle drive in Florida. Cattle were herded across the state and cowboys and cowgirls spent a week on horseback and in covered wagons.   They ate from the chuck wagon and slept outside on the ground.   I found this cowgirl resting next to a campfire on the last day of the drive.

I painted this several years ago, but for one reason or another, have never posted it before.

If you have never painted a redhead, I highly recommend it.  Such fun!

This piece is part of my "Women in Hats" series.

Thanks for viewing my blog today!



1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Excellent portrait, Carol. This is going to be an interesting series!!