Thursday, August 19, 2010

THE OLD DOGWOOD TREE, 7X5, OIL, SOLD

This is the view from my house in the mountains.  An old dogwood tree, with the sun coming up behind the mountains.  Usually there are a flock of wild turkey down the hill, next to the creek.  Six weeks from now the mountain will be covered in red, oranges and yellows.  My favorite time of the year and my favorite place to start the day.

Only two days left of my "Blog visitor's Sale".  Friday will be the last day.  Here are the rules:  Go to my Etsy sites, CarolSchiffStudio or CarolOnEdge and purchase any painting.  When I receive notification of payment from Paypal, I will refund back 20% of the purchase price to you.  You do not have to have a Paypal account and you can pay through Paypal with a credit card.  Just a little thank you for my viewers who have stuck with me for two years of blogging!

Purchase here

10 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

REally nice tree piece...the tree really popped off my screen. Lovely.
Cynthia Schelzig

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Lucky you to have such a nice view! I love mountains, and this one, with the morning sun coming up over it, is wonderful!

Susan Roux said...

Beautiful spot. I like how you captured the sun streaming down diagonally throughout the entire canvas.

Good luck with sales!

Linda Popple said...

Lovely spot and lovely painting. The light coming through the tree is beautiful!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love the light rays streaming thru and the tree seems to be dancing. Also love the great depth you created. Lovely!

Unknown said...

This is lovely Carol! the light is so warm and inviting...

Gwen Bell said...

What a gorgeous view! Love the colors in this. The indigo mountain is so soothing with the warm greens. The dappled light in the foreground is wonderful!

Lauren Maurer said...

Love the light in this painting!

Dana Cooper said...

Beautiful view and painting...I love how you captured the light!

Unknown said...

I can't be more than 2 hrs away from your spot. You might find me out there one morning admiring the view. Love the light, beautiful.