Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HALF ARTICHOKE, 5X7, OIL, SOLD

This is one I painted several months ago and for some reason I never got around to posting it.  I must have had it in my stack of paintings to post  at least a half dozen times.  Maybe, deep down,  I am unhappy with it, or maybe I like it too much to sell?  The truth is, I think I was a little to unorganized.

Last week we were in North Carolina vacationing with my granddaughter Courtney and her friend Alison.  There is nothing like spending a week with two teen-age girls to help you organize your life.

Purchase here

8 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Boy you get up early, just seen the time that you posted this lovely painting! With all that time on your hands you gotta be organized lol!
The artichoke is such an interesting vegetable to paint, made even more interesting by the way you painted the background.

Carol Blackburn said...

Love the purple "heart". Enjoy your day.

Unknown said...

Love the colors and texture in this piece. Let me guess, you loved dissecting frogs in science class?

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS~!!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This is fabulous!!!

Linda Popple said...

This is soooo nice, Carol! I like the colors and how you painted the background. Well done!

suzanneberry said...

I'm thinkin it might be because you like it too much to sell! It's perfect! Again your palatte and touch are gorgeous!

Sandra Galda said...

yup i love this one too!!! great job on a complicated subject...you handled it beautifully!