Monday, January 18, 2010

THE BROWN DUCK, 6X8, OIL,SOLD

Sometime back I did a couple of duck paintings and promised to do another. One thing led to another and the project got put on the back burner. The mood finally struck and I painted this one. The ducks are in the mountains of North Carolina and the thing that attracted me to them was the beautiful water color. The lake is surrounded by thousands of trees and the water at the marina, where I took this photo, is a brilliant emerald green. So brilliant, it looks artificial. On this work, the sky is reflecting in the water and the green shows only in the shadow.

1 comment:

m1 Designs said...

Your work is beautiful Carol. I really like the way to painted the water surrounding the duck. Makes her look happy to be swimming. Thanks so much for the link, your name is now in the raffle.