Friday, September 17, 2010

ANTIQUE FRENCH TEAPOT, 16X16, OIL


I am sort of an Etsy fanatic and I found this teapot listed on a site http://www.dandeliondecor.etsy.com/.  I contacted the owner of the site, a very nice French woman, and she gave me permission to use her photograph for this painting.  She still has the teapot, so if anyone wants to buy it, along with my painting, it can happen!  Wouldn't that be fun?

Today is my granddaughter, Courtney's birthday.  She is sweet 16 today.  Remember when we used to say "sweet 16 and never been kissed"?  Hmmm, I will need to talk to her about that.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COURTNEY!

Purchase here

7 comments:

Kim Blair said...

Such a pretty little teapot. The china roses look so cute,and so French!
Sweet.
Kim

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Carol, wow........what shimmer! Nice of her to let you paint it. Very, very pretty.

Karen Martin Sampson said...

I'm a real sucker for teapots! and jugs! Love this little piece! Congratulations to your granddaughter...I know what you mean about the "never been kissed" thing...how quaint we once were!

Gwen Bell said...

Oh my goodness, this is so good! You've completely captured the delicacy of the China. And how on Earth did you ace that iridescence? Bravo!

mary maxam said...

Oh what a charmer! this is painted beautifully, all those fine lines and yet it doesn't look at all overdone! how'd you do that!?

Art with Liz said...

What a great little teapot - and I love your flapper value studies Carol.

Karen Bruson said...

The curvy lines work so well with the straight ones in the background. Nice, soft colors.