Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Daily Painting "Teapot with Stripes" 6x8, oil SOLD



"Tea is a cup of life"
Author, Unknown

My paint group "Pieces of Eight" always tries to keep things interesting.  Last week, I was assigned the task of bringing a still life.



I chose a teapot, but my real challenge was the stripes on the drape.



We all had a great time and everyone ended up with an exciting painting.

A little about my paint group.  One member of our group, Carmen Beecher is featured in the new issue of International Artist Magazine.  She has a wonderful article and demo on the Everglades and they gave her eight pages in the issue.  Check it out as I am sure you will enjoy it.  
  
Purchase here
95

5 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love these colors. The same ones that are in your beautiful beach scenes.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I want to learn how to paint daily paintings so so badly!!! I want to take a workshop. I think it would be good for me to make me loosen up!!!

Your teapot painting is fantastic. I love it!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful teapot, Carol. wonderful colors!!! I checked out Carmen Beecher's paintings!! She does beautiful work. Thank you for sharing!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

It's so neat you are in a paint group. I have no drawing talent at all, seriously lacking.
I did kind of do a painting recently and it's on my blog today - don't think it really counts though, especially since I traced the whole thing and it's only words :)

Robin Rosenthal said...

Lovely colors and contrast in this teapot painting. Luscious brushstrokes too.