Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Landscape Daily Painting,SOLD, Tropical "Umbrella and Chairs II"

Purchase here
SOLD
This is a companion piece to my previous post.  When I look at this type of scene, I am reminded of George Clooney's lines in the opening of "Descendants"He talks about how people on the mainland think that living in Hawaii is all happy days in paradise, just sitting under the palm tree sipping a tropical drink.



  People have the same problems there as we have in our everyday lives; death, disaster, financial, etc.  So, you have to make your own happiness, no matter where you are or what your circumstances may be.

Choose to be happy today!

2 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I haven't seen the movie but it reminds of me our only trip to Hawaii. We were robbed and the policeman told it was probably a drug addict as they had a big problem with that in the area. It reminded me that it wasn't just a beautiful bubble in Hawaii, it was a real place with real people who had real problems too.
I saw a card once that said "Bloom where you are planted", I have always remembered it.
I'd like to be blooming in those cute beach chairs right now :)

Maria Bennett Hock said...

Such a lovely piece and I love the message...especially the last line of your post...choose to be happy. Such a great message.