Wednesday, August 10, 2011

IF WALLS COULD TALK, 6X8, Original Oil, Canvas Board


Sometimes I wonder about the stories connected to these old barns.  If you remember my last post, I have been vacationing in North Carolina for a few weeks and returned with plenty of images.  So I proclaim this to be "Barn Week" at the studio.



On this one I wanted to work with a purple/green color combination and also to try to get some nice loose strokes in the scene.


I'll be listing this in the Daily Paintwork's auction today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Purchase here
100


7 comments:

M R Anand said...

very impressive, the loose strokes add so much texture to the scenery. the purple colour is very captivating!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Love your palette Carol. We don't see many barns in Southern California so I am looking forward to this series.

suzanneberry said...

beautifully done! i love it posed with the red truck!

Susan Roden said...

So many of these were I grew up - nostalgia hitting!
Lovely Carol.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I love old barns too Carol. You've captured them beautifully. I cry when they get torn down, which is all too often here.
Sam

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love seeing all thesse recent paintings. I have not been to NC since May and I am missing it. Your paintings are just great!

Virginia said...

I'm a city girl but I've had a love affair with a neighbor's.....old red truck for years. Looks like yours! Your barn series has been great Carol.
V