Friday, August 26, 2011

UP CHILDERS' BARN ROAD, 5X7", SOLD


Living on the side of a mountain is not easy...all those hills to climb, clinging on the edge of the bluff....


The natives in North Carolina, live mostly in the valleys and the foothills, the summer folk live on top of the mountains.


I live in the valley.  There is an old saying "It's better to have a friend with a boat, than to have a boat" which I have changed to "It's better to have a friend with a mountain view, than to haul everything you own up the side of a mountain!"

Purchase here
SOLD

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Nice one, Carol. I do have a soft spot for those old barns.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Getting up the steep "driveway" (hah!) to my parent's mountaintop home was a terrifying ordeal, particularly when my daddy said make sure to hang to the outside of that last hairpin turn or you "won't make it" -- Can you say "white knuckles!"

Lovely colors and so reminiscent of the NC mountain landscape.

Bises,
Genie

Crystal Cook said...

This is so beautiful Carol. Just looking at it makes me feel less stressed! I love seeing how you applied the paint too. :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Childers' Barn Road . . . fun. My last name is Childers.

Fondly,
Glenda

Allan Lister, artist said...

You tell a grand story with so few, simple, and well placed strokes. Thanks for sharing!

Allan

Yasmin said...

this looks beautiful! i love it, especially the strokes of paint which are raised! very nice effect!

Cheers,
yas
www.tickle-your-tastebuds.blogspot.com