Wednesday, November 3, 2010

THREE DAYS LATER, 18X24, OIL

I have been very busy the past few weeks (or you could call it unorganized) working on a few pieces with deadlines.  Maybe that is the problem, or maybe fear of the upcoming holidays with all the added responsibilities, but I have wiped off more daily paintings this week than I can ever remember doing before.  That is my excuse for digging out an old painting to post.

When I first purchased these tulips, I dashed off a quick painting of them.  Three days later, they were much more interesting, thus the title.

Purchase here

3 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

These tulips are lovely,showing off their interesting inner life, the pretty frame is perfect too.
It's funny sometimes I can't paint either, to save my life, mostly when I'm stressed or have too much to do.

Carol Blackburn said...

I don't remember this one, so I guess..........it's new to me.
You made me chuckle with your comment about being unorganized. Aren't we all at times? (smile)

Catherine Jeffrey said...

My motivation seems to be lagging too. I guess we have these stages of not knowing what to do next. I think I have three pictures started and I can't find any desire to continue on them.
I also find that if I have a commission or deadline, it kills all of my desire to paint :-)
Old or new, this is a nice painting.